When looking for a family car, most people think of minivans or SUVs. The thought can be nerve-wracking if you love pickups. For those of us who love trucks, we want a robust ride capable of working hard and playing hard.
Fortunately, you do not have to let go of your dream automobile. Fifty years ago, utilizing a pickup for family meant squeezing everyone on a bench seat. It was very uncomfortable. Currently, that is no longer the case. Modern dads and moms are bypassing minivans and two row SUVs for crew cab pickup trucks. So, what are some family-friendly pickup trucks?
Family-Friendly Pickup Trucks: What to Look For
Family pickup trucks offer capability and flexibility as compared to minivans and SUVs. Nevertheless, here are some factors to consider when buying family-friendly pickup trucks:
Four Doors Trucks
Four doors are mandatory for family pickups. Most manufacturers refer to such automobiles as crew cab trucks. The doors make it easy to get in and out as well as providing enough cabin space. Well, they are considered more expensive than other vehicles, but who said having kids is cheap?
Small find it challenging to get into a truck. Without the help of a running board, it is a long way down. Currently, most vehicles have powered running boards that respond automatically by moving in and out when the door is opened or closed. If you do not find this, the old one serves the same purpose. The tool is essential for kids as it prevents them from breaking an ankle.
Truck Storage Space
When buying a family pickup truck, storage is critical. Most trucks have endless storage able to fit a bed. In addition, they have large lockable boxes commonly used for storing valuable items and groceries.
Some models have front bucket seats with center consoles able to hold a laptop with a bag. Others offer storage space below the center seat cushion. Finally, there are various cup or bottle holders to make your family comfortable.
Most pickup trucks can comfortably accommodate six people. Crew cab trucks have rear sits able to fit child safety seats easily. Family safety is paramount.
Safety, Comfort, and Convenience
Consider pickup trucks that have state of the art finish to provide comfort and luxury to your loved ones. Such features include:
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Integrated multimedia systems
- Dual zone climate control
- Blind spot warning systems
- Parking sensors
- Backup cameras
Family-Friendly Pickup Trucks with the Biggest Cabs
- Ram 1500 Crew Cab: versatile truck for carrying equipment and at the same time suitable for family.
- Toyota Tundra CrewMax: truck has top-notch safety features, sound system, and comfortable ventilated seats.
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab: plenty of packages tailored to suits a family’s needs. The truck has LTZ package, excellent sound system, and dual-zone automatic climate control features.
- Ford F-150 Crew Cab: suitable for a family with hauling campers or boats. The pickup truck comes with blind spot monitoring system, rearview camera and so much more.